Sunday, October 19, 2008

Girls' Night "In"

This weekend I was invited to an event I have never heard of before - a girl's night "in". New pal Kris invited me and several of her friends and co-workers into her home. The invitation said sweats or PJs were madatory, telling me right off the bat that the evening would be fabulous.

I arrived at 7pm with a tote full of jewelry baubles and an appetizer dish in tow. I was welcomed at the door with a big hug from Kris and the "cabana boy" asking to take my coat. The spacious kitchen was aflutter with women. Everyone brought a delicious appetizer and Kris supplied the chocolate fountain with bits of angel food cake, animal crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafers, fresh strawberries and grapes for dipping. I'm pretty sure I heard angels singing when I spotted the fountain. It was delicious (my sugar coma today tells me for sure).

The cabana boy made sure no one went without a drink, food, directions to the hottub or massage rooms or anything else they needed. Two talented massage therapists were available throughout the evening for "pay by the minute" massages. It was wonderful.

Kris's home is fantastic - so cozy and comfortable. The layout and architectural details in that place are amazing! It's the kind of home where you aren't afraid to touch anything and feel at ease, yet it is beautiful.

I displayed my jewelry on the dining room table and the guests milled about, trying things on and snapping up some early Christmas presents. Many people just bought for themselves. Even the cabana boy called his wife to inquire what his girls might like. In all the commotion, I was able to snap these two photos after I set everything out -- but unfortuantely, the thought of photo documenting the evening did not cross my mind again until I was packing things up to leave.




The event drew an interesting mix of women, some already known to me; some who are new acquaintences. Among them were nurses, financial planners, college students and moms.

I left the evening behind with several orders for custom pieces and several new friends.

Thanks, Kris for a fun and relaxing evening!




3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oooooh...I want to have a Girls Night In with chocolate and massages and my own personal jewelry store. I asked Jason if he'd consider being the "cabana boy" and he looked at me like I was nuts.

Tiffany said...

LOVE the new header!

Jewels said...

We should have one! Jason wouldn't be able to resist showing off his mad culinary skills. He'd make an excellent cabana boy.