Sunday, November 16, 2008

Disappearing Act

In December, I will be winding down my last semester of school. I still can't believe I am graduating! This has been an arduous experience juggling full-time work and full-time school these past 3 1/2 years.

I am writing this post to let you all know you won't be hearing much from me over the weeks to come. After classes end on December 4, I will begin the tedious task of studying for my last exams. I will be off work during the week of December 8 and will take my last exam on a Friday night - December 12.

Exam preparation for me includes creating a voluminous outline (80+ pages) from my lecture notes, memorizing the outline, then condensing the outline to less than 14 pages. From there, I will spend 16+ hours a day pouring over the outlines, memorizing and learning as much as possible about the topic. Also, I'm doing a lot of panicking over the sheer volume of information. There is little time for eating, sleep or sanity during this process. I am in constant contact with my best school buds to talk through a difficult concept or to simply talk each other off a ledge.

Once the exams are over, I have a nice little break before I must begin the even bigger process of studying for the bar exam. During this break, I have a whole lot of living to do! I've got the designer night at OnStage on 12/18/2008 and then there's Christmas and New Years. I'll be designing up a storm during this time - after all, I've got orders to fill.

Trust me, I would much rather be musing about new jewelry designs for all of you in the next few weeks than tackling the task at hand. I draw the strength to enter this process again from the fact this is my last semester. Although I have to wait until May to walk with my graduating class, this chapter of my life will be complete.

I appreciate everyone who will be keeping me in their prayers during the next few weeks. Take care!

Love,

Julie

2 comments:

Elaine Gates said...

OMgosh, i bet you are so excited for it to be over, hang in there, just think only a few months of crazy hard work left... then it will feel like you have so much free time now that you wont be going to school!Ill be praying for you!
xoxo
Elaine

Tiffany said...

Waiting patiently for my Julie...I cannot wait until your 3 1/2 (+) years of torture, pain, tribulations and determination finally comes to an end and you begin the next chapter in your life. Awesome things are ahead for you...I just know it.